Pesto and Tomato Angel Hair Pasta
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package directions.
- Turn on food processor and drop garlic down feed tube.
- Stop the processor and add basil, nuts, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Pulse until finely chopped, then with motor running, add oil gradually through tube until blended.
- Drain pasta and reserve some of cooking water.
- Toss pasta with the pesto, then add tomatoes.
- If mixture is too thick, add a little cooking water.
- Can be served hot or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used half the amount of pasta and half the oil, but kept everything else the same. The result was so flavorful and pretty. The diced tomatos were so wonderful and I somehow managed to make the pesto perfectly. Wow, I served this with grilled chicken and my husband and I loved it. My son ate his chicken with barbecue sauce and mashed potatos because pesto really isn't his thing.