Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is very flexible, you can use any cheese or pasta you like, or whatever you have on hand, you can also add or change veggies based on taste, very easy and filling, good with rolls or biscuits, pretty good the next day also
- pre heat oven to 350.
- in large pot saute onions in margarine untill browned.
- add flour and cook for about 2 minute.
- add chicken stock and stir untill thickened.
- add tomatoes, chicken and cheese, stir untill cheese is melted.
- combine with pasta and transfer to casserole dish.
- top with more cheese or breadcrumbs if you like.
- bake for about 30 minutes or untill top is browned.
- let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I was looking for a recipe to use up some leftover tri-color fiori (noodles). I used leftover chicken, homemade stock (which was quite flavorful), cheddar cheese. I really didn't measure anything but the stock, flour and margarine and it turned out great! Warm comfort food. Left out the tomatoes and used dried minced onions so kids would eat it. This could be done on the stove in an iron skillet and then popped into the oven. I think 20 minutes would be plenty, esp. if using cooked chicken. Next time I would add mixed vegetables or peas and carrots for added nutrition. Thanks Jesse. This is quick for lunch.