Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a 30 minute skillet dish by Betty Crocker...looks good, have yet to try it.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, well drained
- 2 cups whipping cream (heavy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 1⁄2 cups rigatoni pasta (8 ounces)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, red pepper, onions and mushrooms, thawed and well drained
- 1⁄2 shredded parmesan cheese, if desired
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, garlic, basil and oregano in oil about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Stir in tomatoes, whipping cream, salt, pepper and red pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cook and drain rigatoni as directed on package. Stir rigatoni and vegetables into chicken mixture; cook until hot. Serve with cheese.