Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from "Southern Living" magazine, January 2006.
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring 5 cups water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in grits; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasinally, until thickened.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese and remaining ingredients until cheese is melted and mixture is blended.
- Serve immediately.