Recipe by *Parsley*
Rich and creamy.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Parse ~ followed this exactly (expect the Doh-Doh forgot the wine) and this is divine! Oh man, oh man! We loved everything about this. I can't even think of any suggestions to even add to the recipe. Perfect in every way. Very delicious, and even greater the next day if there's any left. Thank you for a grand recipe!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 head celery, chopped (include the leaves!)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large russet potato, ptato peeled and diced very small
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock (or veggie stock)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (or can use apple juice or white grape juice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt, if needed, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream (or half and half or light cream)
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add celery, onion, garlic and potato and saute for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add flour and stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Slowly add stock, wine, white pepper and desired amount of cayenne. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes (stirring often), or until veggies are very tender.
- Stir in cream and blue cheese. Heat through but do not allow to boil. Add salt, if needed.