Prep 5 mins
Cook 27 mins
Rich and creamy.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 head celery, chopped (include the leaves!)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large russet potato, ptato peeled and diced very small
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock (or veggie stock)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (or can use apple juice or white grape juice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt, if needed, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream (or half and half or light cream)
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add celery, onion, garlic and potato and saute for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add flour and stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Slowly add stock, wine, white pepper and desired amount of cayenne. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes (stirring often), or until veggies are very tender.
- Stir in cream and blue cheese. Heat through but do not allow to boil. Add salt, if needed.
Parse ~ followed this exactly (expect the Doh-Doh forgot the wine) and this is divine! Oh man, oh man! We loved everything about this. I can't even think of any suggestions to even add to the recipe. Perfect in every way. Very delicious, and even greater the next day if there's any left. Thank you for a grand recipe!
Delicious! I had to use four cups of vegetable broth instead of two, and instead of adding cayenne I just put a jar of hot sauce on the table for people to use as they liked. This recipe sounded a little strange to me at first, but then I thought about eating buffalo wings with the celery and blue cheese and spiciness and I just had to try it. I'm really glad I did thanks for sharing this recipe!