Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup
The perfect blend between baked potato and broccoli cheese soup. Creamy, hearty, amazingly tasty. This was a soup I created one day while fishing for ingredients in the fridge. Turned out so well, it became a favorite.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 4 large potatoes, baked, then chunked (baking size)
- 1 cup broccoli floret, chopped
- 6 cups broth, veggie or 6 cups chicken
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons chickpea flour (all purpose is fine if you cannot find)
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, chunked or 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oil, melt butter.
- Soften onion & garlic in the blend, 8-10 minute
- Add parsley, potato, broccoli, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, simmer 30 minute
- Whisk milk and flour in separate bowl, set aside.
- Smash 1/3-1/2 of the potatoes with potato masher.
- Blend in milk mix, then add velveeta and melt.
- Turn off burner, and allow soup to thicken, about 5 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Hearty seems to be the relevant word here. This recipe is full of flavor and easy to make with normal (ie not exotic!) ingredients! I chose to use 1 pound of broccoli and 6 medium baked potatoes (I used two as chunks.) I used an immersion blender to purée the ingredients before adding the chunks of potato, milk and cheese. It's a wonderful cold day soup!