1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Rachel Potachel's Note:
This is a (slightly) healthier version of one of my favorite comfort foods, which I adapted from my sister-in-law. You can always add more veggies to make this dish healthier...They'll be smothered with cheese so you won't even notice they're there, which is great for the kids! I recommend saving unused vegetable parts for a homemade stock. And, for easy clean up, use a plastic Crockpot liner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat free low-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 (28 ounce) can original Rotel Tomatoes
- 32 ounces 2% Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 1 large onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 (32 ounce) box whole wheat spaghetti
- Tony Chachere's salt-free cajun spice
- 1Trim fat off of chicken breasts and save for chicken stock bag.
- 2Boil the chicken in large pot with water for 45 minutes.
- 3Wash vegetables. Dice onion and chop celery.
- 4Heat small amount of canola oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Saute celery until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add onion and saute until translucent. Set aside.
- 6Remove chicken from stock pot and allow to cool.
- 7In remaining chicken stock, cook whole wheat spaghetti noodles according to package directions.
- 8Shred or cut chicken breasts into small pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
- 9Cut Velveeta into cubes.
- 10Mix Velveeta, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, Rotel, onion, celery, spaghetti noodles, and seasoning to bowl, stir until well mixed.
- 11Throw everything in the Crockpot or oven until cheese melts and spaghetti is warm throughout.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cajun Chicken Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.8
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 1793.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 43.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
fat free low-sodium cream of chicken soup