Recipe by Sheila36
I got this recipe from an old cookbook called Betty Crocker's Dinner for Two. It is wonderful for potato salad, egg salad, coleslaw or macaroni salad.
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch dill seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in top of double boiler.
- Cook slowly over hot water until mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Store in covered jar in refrigerator.
- Use in place of mayo or salad dressing in potato salad, egg salad, macaroni salad or coleslaw.