Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
So creamy and good. Twist on regular polenta made with Parmesan.
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups polenta
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- salt & pepper
- Heat milk and water in heavy bottomed sauce pan and bring to simmer over medium heat. be careful not to boil.
- Whisk in polenta in slow stream. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low.
- Continue to stir, adding more water if it gets too thick.
- Stir every few minutes and continue cooking for 25 to 30 minutes, adding water when needed.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream, butter and blue cheese. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Excellent side dish for Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Loin Chops. Made half a recipe and still have a little leftover. Loved the subtle flavor of the blue cheese and so creamy.
Great polenta!- soft, creamy and cheesey. THis is way better than mashed potatoes any day. As a bonus it's already gluten-free so I didn't need to change a thing. Thanks for a great easy recipe. All 4 happy tummies in my home are happy :) :) :) :)
We loved this twist on regular polenta. I made it exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. This is very creamy and the blue cheese is outstanding. Thanks so much for sharing, Me & Alex.