Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lot of women think blue cheese dressing is off-limits when they're trying to lose weight. You're home free here with this 26 calorie, 1 gram of fat per 2 tablespoon portion for your salad. I found this recipe in Banish your Belly, Butt & Thighs Forever by Prevention Health Books for Women. It's great if you're on the Atkins Diet too. I think it's delicious; let me know what you think!
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a blender or food processor, blend or process the cottage cheese, blue cheese, milk, and garlic on low speed for 20 seconds.
- (The blue cheese will still be chunky.) To store, cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
This provided a good basis for a pretty darn good dressing (considering it's low fat). I added some extra garlic, Worcestershire and Tabasco in addition to a little onion powder. Thanks for a healthier way to eat my favorite dressing.