Recipe by Marie
A great make ahead and bake when needed dish. Delicious!
Top Review by Ambervim
I used pasta shells and fresh broccoli. 1/2 full cream and 1/2 2% milk. Next time more cream. I like the freshness of the broccoli, it still has a bit of crunch this way. It does need a punch. I got this with salt and pepper, preserving the taste of the fresh broccoli. This could be a great side or main dish.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups half-and-half (or heavy cream, if desired)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook penne in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta and place in large bowl.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and saute garlic for about 1 minute.
- Combine garlic, broccoli, Parmesan cheese and cream with penne.
- Spoon mixture into a large baking dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, covered for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Note: Can be made up until baking point and refrigerated until dinner time.