Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
It just can't get much easier than this!
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 lbs fish fillets (sole, haddock, cod, whiting, tilapia or flounder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Grease a casserole with 1 teaspoon butter and arrange the fish in the baking dish.
- Blend the salt, hot sauce, paprika and Parmesan cheese with the sour cream and spread the cream over the fish.
- Top with the breadcrumbs and dot with the remaining three teaspoons of butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for about 30 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
I was not impressed. Followed this recipe to a T and it was lacking flavor. I will not try this again.
This was delicious, we loved the flavours..the tabasco gives it a real kick..enjoyed by us all. Thanks for sharing.
The sauce was really bitter. I definitely would not make it again by the recipe. I used Spanish paprika instead of Hungarian which would account for the bitter taste. If I made it again, I would reduce the paprika to 1/2 tsp or to just a sprinkle on top. I also used whole wheat bread crumbs, reduced fat sour cream and Benecol spread, any if which may account for my unpleasant outcome. I believe it was the huge amount of Spanish paprika, as the sauce was red.