Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Chicken, cheese and mushroom soup...what's not to like?
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 -6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Put chicken in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Top with cheese slices, soup and sprinkle with stuffing mix.
- Drizzle butter over.
- Bake covered at 350°F for 45 minutes.
Delicious! I made this for 3 tonight and we all loved it. I used 2 slices of fat free Swiss cheese and no butter at all. The moisture from the cooking chicken and soup in the sealed pan supplied plenty of moisture to rehydrate the bread mix. The boneless, skinless breasts that I have in the freezer are quite large so I defrosted 2 and sliced them between 1/3-1/2 an inch thick and cut the baking time to 30 mins (still used the full can of soup though). This amount was plenty for the 3 of us. The chicken came out fork tender, the mushroom sauce and stuffing made it comfort food to the max that I don't even feel guilty about with my fat cuts! Total YUM.
This is great.I actually tried this with left over Thanksgiving Turkey and stuffing.Thanx