Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine at work, and it is tried and tested. I love it because it is so easy to prepare and is a favourite with my family.
- 500 g fettuccine pasta
- 300 ml light cream
- 250 g diced bacon, rind removed
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup cornflour, blended with
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup corn (optional)
- Cook fettucine according to directions on the packet, drain well and return to the pan. Add a small amount of the cream to prevent pasta from sticking. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and fry the bacon for 2-3 minutes. Add milk, and corn if you choose. Simmer slowly.
- Gradually add the cornflour mixture and stir over a medium heat until thick, and simmer for 1 minute. Add remaining cream and stir. Remove from heat.
- Stir through the mixture into the pasta, and add the spinach. Season with black pepper to taste.
Very very tasty! Had a wonderful creamy sauce and the spinach and bacon worked well together. I used the corn and think that's worthwhile.