Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This has all the luscious flavors of a creamsicle bar: orange, vanilla and chocolate. We love this simple pie. I find the ice cream and sherbet soften nicely if stored in the door of the freezer. Perhaps yours works the same way. Otherwise you may microwave at 50% for about 30 seconds. Cooking time is actually freezing time.
- 1 (9 ounce) boxfamous chocolate wafers, crushed (reserve 1/2 cup for topping)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 1 quart Orange sherbet, softened slightly
- 1 (11 ounce) jar fudge sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust, combine all but 1/2 cup of the chocolate crumbs with the butter in a 10-inch pie plate. Press into the bottom and up the sides of the plate. Do not bake: the soft ice cream mels into the crumbs so they adhere nicely when sliced.
- Drizzle 1/3 of the fudge sauce over the crumbs. Layer 1/2 of vanilla ice cream in shell and drizzle another 1/3 of fudge sauce over. Add orange sherbet and drizzle with remaining fudge sauce. Top with remaining vanilla ice cream and sprinkle with reserved crumb. Freeze.
- To serve, let sit out at room temperature 10-15 minutes before slicing.