Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a wonderful creamy creation. This takes only seconds to prepare.
- 1 medium orange, zested, peeled, and 1 teaspoon zest reserved
- 1 cup soymilk, well chilled
- 1⁄3 cup silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup ice cube
- 2 orange slices
- Peel and break apart the orange and add to blender along with the zest, soy milk, tofu, vanilla, sweetner and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth and frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into tall, chilled glasses and garnish with an orange slice if desired.
This wasn't very creamy, even after letting it thicken in the freezer. Taste is okay, although I found the orange zest made it rather bitter. Some maple syrup was good in it. Thanks anyway!
Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!!! YUM!
This seems to have a unique taste that's similar to a julius, but earthier. It would make a great breakfast shake. Thanks for the recipe~!