1/1 Photo of Creamsicle Dessert Mousse
I found this recipe in an old magazine clipping years ago. Does not include 4 hr chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened or 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks with
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar (1 cup total volume)
- 1 (4 ounce) box fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup orange sugar-free Kool-Aid mix, warmed (can also use OJ or Tang)
- 1 navel orange, cut in half and sliced (optional)
- mint leaf (optional)
- 1Microwave the cream cheese for 20-30 seconds and stir (should be very soft and room temperature). Blend with whipped cream by gently folding or stirring. Set aside.
- 2In a seperate bowl, thoroughly mix pudding with the warmed orange drink to dissolve. Let sit for a few minutes, then mix again. Gently fold or stir in the cream cheese mixture a little at a time (it's great to get a swirl like effect).
- 3Cover top of mousse with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours. Scoop into dessert or champagne glasses using a large melon baller and garnish with fresh orange slices on the side of the glasses and top with a mint leaf.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamsicle Dessert Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 79.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix
sugar-free Kool-Aid mix