Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
More like a cheese pie than a cheesecake it tastes like a creamsicle! The recipe comes from Mr. Food. Prep time does not include cooling and chilling time.
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crumb crust
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, beat well. Add the sour cream and vanilla, mix well. Place 1 cup of the mixture in a small bowl and stir in the orange extract and the yellow and red food colors.
- Pour the remaining cream cheese mixture into the pie crust. Drop the orange cream cheese mixture into it by spoonfuls and swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until firm around the edges. The center will be slightly loose. Allow to cool for 1 hour then cover and chill for at least 8 hours before serving.
My husband and I went to a restaurant that served this cheesecake. My husband fell in love with it! I searched the Internet for the recipe and found this recipe with great reviews. I am SO glad because I made it tonight for his birthday. He absolutely loves it! Thanks for sharing!!!
I just made these in little heart shaped tins for Valentines day. So cute and soooo yummy! Perfect combination and tastes exactly like the Creamsicles we had as kids but even better as a cheesecake. Everyone loved them. Thank you.
This was soooo good even my 5 year old grandson loved it and asked for more.... I am going to try it with different flavorings such as pinapple and chocolate to see how they taste... also looks great. I am going to try making it sugar free for my mother in law who is diabetic will post the variations if it works out well... thanks