Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Paula Deen's recipe for creamed spinach. Great side to a steak!
Make and share this Creamed Spinach (Paula Deen) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bunches spinach, stemmed and chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and then add the olive oil.
- Mix in the onions and garlic; cook for 2 minutes until soft. Add the chopped spinach and warm through.
- Add the salt, nutmeg and the heavy cream. Mix well. Cook until liquid reduces by half, roughly 3 to 4 minutes.
Totally delicious!! I will never, ever, ever, ever, and I mean never! make creamed spinach without nutmeg again. BTW, used Fat-free Half & Half (I know--Paula would shake her head :) Made for Hail to the Chef Challenge in Cooking Photos.
Delicious!! This is really wonderful creamed spinach!!! Love the onion and the nutmeg, they give so much flavor!! Will make again, thanks for posting!!