Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Makes a different type of side dish.
- 1 cup large curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (reduced fat is OK, but not fat free)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 lb frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease/spray a casserole dish.
- Combine cheese, sour cream and flour in blender; cover and process on high until smooth.
- In large bowl, combine cottage cheese mixture with remaining ingredients. Toss to combine well.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish. Cover and bake at 375 for 1 hour; remove cover. Bake 30 minutes longer or until carrots are tender.