1/1 Photo of Creamed Lima Beans
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
When my DH and I got married he requested Creamed Lima Beans. I had heard of Creamed Corn before but never limas. I soon found out it was a dish his great aunt prepared for him regularly so I dutifully learned to fix it too. She also used this sauce for creamed peas or carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook lima beans according to package directions; I use the microwave.
- 2Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour and blend well.
- 3Add milk, about 1/2 cup at a time, and blend with whisk.
- 4Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- 5Total amount of milk depends on how thick you prefer the sauce to be.
- 6Stir in sugar, salt and pepper.
- 7Add cooked, drained lima beans.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Lima Beans
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.2
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 106.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g