Based on a recipe from Meals for You. We loved this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked over & cleaned (thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup green peas (thawed)
- 3 tablespoons red pimientos, minced (the bottled kind)
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- paprika, for sprinkling (garnish)
- 1Place crabmeat in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- 2Cover saucepan and steam 3-4 minutes.
- 3Remove crab from steamer and set aside.
- 4Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- 5Sauté celery and onion about 8 minutes or until translucent.
- 6Add mushrooms and sauté another 6 minutes.
- 7Now, add garlic and saute another 30 seconds.
- 8Stir in flour and simmer about 5 minutes or until flour turns light brown.
- 9Combine next 5 ingredients(starting with clam juice through red pepper flakes) in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- 10Shake vigorously.
- 11Add to celery mushroom mixture and simmer about 4 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce boils and begins to thicken.
- 12Reduce heat to low and simmer another 2 minutes.
- 13Add crab, sherry, white wine, peas, pimentos and Worcestershire sauce.
- 14Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 15Simmer over low heat until hot.
- 16Serve creamed crab over toasted English muffins, sprinkled with parsley and paprika.
- 17Serve with a Chenin Blanc, Beaujolais, or Fume Blanc, and a salad of greens and a nice tropical fruit cup.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Crab on English Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.6
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 159.6 mg
- Sodium 1454.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 31.5 g