Recipe by Dib's
It's a basic, fast, good recipe. Great when you have a surplus of corn-easy to freeze.
Top Review by carole in orlando
Trust the cooks on Recipezaar to help out when you need them :) I am making chowder and needed creamed corn, didn't have any so used your recipe and made some with the frozen corn I had. Thanks so much! Carole in Orlando
Directions See How It's Made
- Husk and de-silk corn.
- Using an Anglefood Cake pan set corn on end and cut away kernels getting as much as you can.
- (the cake pan keeps your corn contained) When done place 3/4 of the corn in a blender or food processor and whirl to a"chunky smooth".
- Pour into pan and add remaining corn.
- Add some salt-not much-and sugar, again not much.
- Add a small amount of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Taste and add salt, sugar or water if too thick.