Bridget Elaine's Note:
I got this recipe from southernfood.com and it is my family's go to recipe for SOS. It is very tasty and very creamy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- 2Fry the onion and beef in the butter till the onions are done.
- 3Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook for one minute.
- 4Add the milk to the pan and bring to a boil.
- 5Turn the heat down to low.
- 6Add the sour cream and the chedder cheese to the pan and stir till the cheese melts (do not let the mix boil or you will have bad results).
- 7Add the parsley and let this sit in the pan on low heat for about 10 minutes, then add the salt and pepper to your taste.
- 8Server over toast or hash browns.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Chipped Beef (Sos)
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.4
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.4 mg
- Sodium 1936.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 28.9 g