Recipe by Bridget Elaine
I got this recipe from southernfood.com and it is my family's go to recipe for SOS. It is very tasty and very creamy.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for Spring PAC 2011 and I am glad I did. I haven't had this with cheddar cheese in it (and I did cut it down to about 1/2 cup) and it was delicious! Very rich. DH was in heaven. Thank you for a wonderful recipe and this will be going into my Favorites of 2011. P.S. I served it over rice (DH wanted rice) and it was great!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb dried beef (chipped or chopped)
- 4 tablespoons onions (chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Fry the onion and beef in the butter till the onions are done.
- Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook for one minute.
- Add the milk to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Add the sour cream and the chedder cheese to the pan and stir till the cheese melts (do not let the mix boil or you will have bad results).
- Add the parsley and let this sit in the pan on low heat for about 10 minutes, then add the salt and pepper to your taste.
- Server over toast or hash browns.