Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from southernfood.com and it is my family's go to recipe for SOS. It is very tasty and very creamy.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb dried beef (chipped or chopped)
- 4 tablespoons onions (chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Fry the onion and beef in the butter till the onions are done.
- Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook for one minute.
- Add the milk to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Add the sour cream and the chedder cheese to the pan and stir till the cheese melts (do not let the mix boil or you will have bad results).
- Add the parsley and let this sit in the pan on low heat for about 10 minutes, then add the salt and pepper to your taste.
- Server over toast or hash browns.
Made this for Spring PAC 2011 and I am glad I did. I haven't had this with cheddar cheese in it (and I did cut it down to about 1/2 cup) and it was delicious! Very rich. DH was in heaven. Thank you for a wonderful recipe and this will be going into my Favorites of 2011. P.S. I served it over rice (DH wanted rice) and it was great!