Recipe by B&J'sGranny
This brings back a lot of childhood memories! We always had it over toast, but it can be served over rice, noodles, or any other pasta. Prep & cooking times are just guesses, so may not be very accurate!
Top Review by Outta Here
I loved this as a kid, but every time I have tried it over the years since then, I found it to be way too salty. Thank you for your instructions to rinse the beef first. That cut the salty taste way down. One of my favorite ways to eat this years ago was over a baked potato, so that is what I did tonight. Very good. Thanks for the trip down memory lane! :) Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 1.23 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 63.78 g packagesliced dried beef, rinsed & cut into bite sized pieces
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over low heat.
- Thoroughly mix in flour & gradually add milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until thickened.
- Continue to heat for 5 minutes.
- Add worcestershire sauceand sliced dried beef.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve immediately over toast, prepared rice, noodles, or even pastry shells.
- We had for breakfast a lot, but is also good for lunch or dinner!