Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Please add: 2c. cooked, cubed chicken or 1/2 chicken, cooked and boned
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- In a medium saucepan over med.
- heat, mix the 2 soups together and add the butter. Stir in cooked chicken.
- Heat until butter is melted and mixture just starts to bubble.
- Mix in the sour cream and heat through, but don't boil.
- Mix in milk until desired consistency.
- Serve over biscuits.
- Note: I like my creamed chicken thick, but you might want to add more milk than the recipe calls for if you like it thinner.
My dumplings were a flop and I was looking for something fast. I had my chicken boiled and looked up creamed chicken. This was the easiest recipe I think I have ever made and it was a big hit with all the family. Everybody ate it, which was a miracle in itself, and all came back for seconds and a couple of them had thirds. I made no changes to the recipe and know this will be something I will make often. I served it over biscuits, with mashed potatoes and cole slaw on the side. It was just what I needed in a pinch. Debbie 56
I won't give it any stars as I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I used cream of mushroom soup (the heathy version- mistake 1) in place of the cream and chicken (mistake 2) and found it was definitely missing something or somethings. Even with the addition of some poultry seasoning and pepper it just didn't have nearly enough flavor. I think it had a lot to due with the lacking chicken soup; it just didn't have any depth. I may try again as it is so simple to make. Served in Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells.
I liked this but my husband didn't. I think he didn't care for the flavor of the cream of chicken soup. Next time I'll try it with cream of mushroom along with the cream of celery soup.