Recipe by Joy1996
Please add: 2c. cooked, cubed chicken or 1/2 chicken, cooked and boned
Top Review by Debbie56
My dumplings were a flop and I was looking for something fast. I had my chicken boiled and looked up creamed chicken. This was the easiest recipe I think I have ever made and it was a big hit with all the family. Everybody ate it, which was a miracle in itself, and all came back for seconds and a couple of them had thirds. I made no changes to the recipe and know this will be something I will make often. I served it over biscuits, with mashed potatoes and cole slaw on the side. It was just what I needed in a pinch. Debbie 56
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over med.
- heat, mix the 2 soups together and add the butter. Stir in cooked chicken.
- Heat until butter is melted and mixture just starts to bubble.
- Mix in the sour cream and heat through, but don't boil.
- Mix in milk until desired consistency.
- Serve over biscuits.
- Note: I like my creamed chicken thick, but you might want to add more milk than the recipe calls for if you like it thinner.