Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Round Chocolate Eclairs
- 1 cup water
- 3 ounces butter
- 5 ounces flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 small eggs
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 6 ounces icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tablespoon cocoa, sieved
- Bring the butter and water to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Add flour at once and beat until mixture leaves the sides of the saucepan.
- Remove from heat, add sugar and vanilla.
- Then beat in eggs one at a time.
- Place dessertspoonfuls on to a greased tray and bake for 30 minutes or until golden at 400F degrees.
- Slit while hot.
- Cool thoroughly and fill with whipped cream and ice with chocolate icing.
- Icing- Warm butter and water together, then mix in sieved icing sugar and cocoa.
- Beat well.
- *Or use your own personal favourite chocolate topping.
I just made the choux pastry with my own filling and they were pretty good....a lot of excess doughy bits inside, though. Maybe I should bake them for a longer time next time.........Thanks for the recipe.