1/1 Photo of Cream of Turnip Soup
1 hr 20 mins
Because I have alot of turnips in the garden( and dont particularly like them ) I turned them into soup, and delicious it is too!! It would be very easy to sub other veggies...i.e parsnips, cauliflower etc in place of the turnips..But try it with the turnips first, you will be amazed at how great this is; could easily be served at a dinner party, garnish with drizzled heavy cream and chopped cilantro.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onions in the olive oil in a large heavy saucepan until limp ( 5 mins ).
- 2Add the turnips and potatoes to the pan , pour in the chicken stock, add the white pepper and cayenne pepper and season with salt.
- 3Simmer for 1 hour, until all the vegetables are soft.
- 4Let cool slightly.
- 5Puree in a blender ( BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN YOURSELF ).
- 6Pour pureed soup back into the saucepan and add the heavy cream, warm through and serve, garnishing with drizzled cream and cilantro ( or herb of choice ).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Turnip Soup
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.9 mg
- Sodium 214.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g