Recipe by Terry Davis
Use this powder and broth to make soup for recipes and to eat. to make cream of chicken add chicken broth, for cream of beef add beef broth.
Top Review by Chocolatl
I was pleased to discover a "Cream of ?" soup substitute that does not include dry bouillon. I prefer to mix it with homemade stock, so that I can control the salt content. This fits the bill admirably. Note to self: next time use a WIDE MOUTH jar!
- 473.18 ml powdered milk
- 177.44 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml dried onion, minced
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid.
- Shake well.
- Store on shelf until ready to use.
- To make cream of beef:.
- Add 2/3 cup mix to 1 cup beef broth.
- To make cream of chicken:.
- Add 2/3 cup mix to 1 cup chicken broth.
- To make cream of vegetable:.
- Add 2/3 cup mix to 1 cup vegetable broth.