Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this powder and broth to make soup for recipes and to eat. to make cream of chicken add chicken broth, for cream of beef add beef broth.
- 473.18 ml powdered milk
- 177.44 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml dried onion, minced
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid.
- Shake well.
- Store on shelf until ready to use.
- To make cream of beef:.
- Add 2/3 cup mix to 1 cup beef broth.
- To make cream of chicken:.
- Add 2/3 cup mix to 1 cup chicken broth.
- To make cream of vegetable:.
- Add 2/3 cup mix to 1 cup vegetable broth.
I was pleased to discover a "Cream of ?" soup substitute that does not include dry bouillon. I prefer to mix it with homemade stock, so that I can control the salt content. This fits the bill admirably. Note to self: next time use a WIDE MOUTH jar!
Thank you SO MUCH for posting this recipe. I cannot have MSG, which is in most of the bullion or stock bases. I love that you posted this one without. Now I can start making all those recipes calling for cream of soups :)
I made this over a year ago and I'm really sorry I forgot to post a review until now. This is great to have on hand ready for when it is needed in a recipe. I keep it in ziploc bags in the freezer so they are handy when I need them for a recipe. I really prefer to use this recipe than opening a can of cream of chicken soup so thank you for a great recipe Terry..