1/2 Photos of Cream of Rutabaga Soup
A patient at a physiotherapy clinic I worked at used to bring in soup for us for lunch. He brought this soup in once and it was an instant hit for everyone who tried it, even those who say they hate turnip/rutabaga. We begged for the recipe and this is what we got.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon until crisp in a large pot.
- 2Remove bacon from pot, crumble and set aside.
- 3Saute onions, celery and garlic in bacon grease for 5 minutes.
- 4Add rutabaga, potato, chicken stock, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- 5Blend using hand blender in pot or blend in blender in batches. Return to pot if blended in blender.
- 6Stir in milk.
- 7Heat gently to serving temperature, do not boil.
- 8Garnish with bacon and enjoy.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Rutabaga Soup
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 536.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g