Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Dont let the steps in this dish refrain you from trying this wonderful soup. Its all good!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green chili (Fresh or Canned)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 6 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- parmesan cheese
- paprika, for garnish
- Peel and chop onion.
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Add potatoes to the pan with the onions and stir.
- Add chile, chicken stock, salt, celery salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Let cool for 10- 15 minutes.
- Place the potato mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return puree mixture to the pan.
- Add milk and cream and heat through.
- When ready to serve, Pour into individual flame-proof bowls.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Dust with the parmesan cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Put the bowls under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Serve with your favorite bread.