Recipe by Chef 725130
The is the BEST potato soup recipe I've ever had. I got it from Taste of Home.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 dash pepper
- paprika (optional)
- minced fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until tender; drain and set aside.
- Sauté onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add the potatoes, salt, celery salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Can sprinkle with parsley and paprika if desired. I also sometimes take my hand wand and puree it up a little.