Recipe by ktenille
This recipe started out with my high school foods class teacher but I have tweaked it to my own taste over the years. This is my specialty and is wonderful by itself or for dipping bread.
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (chopped)
- 5 cups potatoes (cubed small)
- 2 cups ham (cubed) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in large pot with just enough water to cover.
- Sautee onions, green onions and celery in butter.
- When onions are lightly browned and celery is softened, remove from heat and slowly add flour.
- Heat on low for one minute.
- Drain potatoes.
- Put vegetable and flour mixture into large pot where you boiled potatoes.
- Add milk and allow to boil (not scald).
- Add potatoes back to soup mixture.
- Bring soup back to boil and stir until desired consistency.
- Serve hot.
- *Note: this soup is great reheated the next day too!