Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lovely soup that will enhance any meal. This recipe came from Chef Brenda Palmer and was posted on FoodService archives.
- In a medium saucepan sauté garlic, onion and celery in 1 tablespoon of butter for about 5 minutes. Slice 1/2 mushroom in bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Dice the rest of the mushrooms and add to sautéing vegetables.
- Cook until all of the vegetables are soft, about 5-8 more minutes. Add sherry, stir and remove from the heat. With a handheld blender (or you can use a food processor), purée vegetables until smooth.
- If you need to, add some of the half and half to aid in blending.
- Return to stove, add the rest of the half and half, the sliced mushrooms and the last tablespoon of butter.
- Heat until sliced mushrooms are cooked, about 5-8 minutes, taste, adding salt and pepper if needed, and serve. Enjoy!
Great soup!! DD does not like mushroom chunks so I cooked all the mushrooms with veggies and followed recipe accordingly after that.Turned out wonderful. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This was a great soup! I doubled the recipe and added an extra mushroom since I had exactly five and wanted to use them up. I pureed all the mushrooms since I like a smooth and fairly thick soup. I also topped the bowls with puff pastry and baked in oven-safe bowls for something different (I like to do this occasionally with soup). Thanks for sharing your recipe, Sharon!