This is a typically southern Styrian soup, that is usually served in autuum/winter. It is very rich, warming and comes with different, wonderfully spicy aromas. Schilcher is a special Styrian rosé wine, rather dry, you can substitute Schilcher with any dry or medium dry rosé wine. I usually buy ready cooked chestnuts (available here). If you can't get hold of these, roast about 750g chestnuts in the oven, peel and chop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in a pot and add chopped shallots.
- 2Let them fry on medium heat until translucent.
- 3Add chopped chestnuts.
- 4Add Schilcher (wine) and vegetable broth.
- 6Add cinnamon and ground cloves.
- 7Let soup cook until thickened (about 20min).
- 8Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 10Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche on top.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Chestnut Schilcher Soup - Maroni Schilcherrahmsuppe
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.3
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 14.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: