1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Vicki in Kansas Brown's Note:
This is from Heartland Soups cookbook. This is a really good soup. I don't know the exact prep or cook time except for the 1 hour to bake the squash. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 2Cut squash in half; remove seeds.
- 3Place upside down on large cookie sheet.
- 4Bake in preheated oven 1 hour or until tender.
- 5Scoop out flesh; cool.
- 6Puree in food processor.
- 7Place in large soup pot.
- 8In medium skillet melt butter and saute onions until transparent; add thyme, stir and heat to release herb flavor.
- 9Puree in food processor until smooth, then add to pureed squash.
- 10Stir in cream, if desired, milk and chicken stock.
- 11Heat to serving temperature but do not boil.
- 12Soup may be stored in refrigerator a week, or may be frozen.
- 13If desired, heat slices of sausage in soup.
- 14Garnish with chopped chives and Parmeasan Cheese.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.4
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 195.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g