Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a fast easy weeknight recipe when you need dinner quickly. I skipped the step where you cook the broccoli in advance, and added it frozen (I didn't want the broccoli to overcook). I also doubled the amount of broccoli called for (the recipe is posted without any changes I made). Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury Christmas 2009.
- 1 lb broccoli (frozen,cut)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed (or increase to 1/2 tsp dill weed, your preference)
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups water
- sour cream, if desired
- Cook broccoli as directed on package.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, instant minced onion, bouillon, salt, dry mustard, dill, and pepper.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broccoli and water.
- Cook until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- In food processor with metal blade or blender container, puree half of mixture at a time until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan.
- Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Top each serving with sour cream.