Recipe by Chilicat
A light, healthy "cream" soup packed full of veggies. Using a food processor may cut down a lot on the prep time.
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 cup cheese, grated (I like Monterey Jack)
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 dash ground rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart pot add water, broccoli, onion and carrots and rosemary. Bring water to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside off burner.
- In saucepan, melt butter and gradually stir in rice flour. When lumps have dissolved, add milk and stir briskly with a fork. When mixture thickens, add cheese till creamy. Pour this in slowly with vegetables.
- Stir till water is mixed in with milk mixture. Add tamari and simmer for 5 minutes.