Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very easy recipe for a favorite soup, try it and you will love it, adjust the bouilion to your taste.
- 2 heads broccoli (cut up)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken base (bouilion)
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 12 tablespoons flour
- salt & pepper
- 7 cups milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup processed cheese, velveeta (optional)
- Simmer butter, chicken base, salt& pepper,flour and onions until brown, (called a Rue).
- Add both milks; cook on medium heat.
- Cook until rich and thickened.
- Stirring constantly.
- Add broccoli pieces.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add cheese if you wish, I prefer the cheese some don't.
Fantastic! Easy and delicious.
have to try this one
My family liked the soup, but they thought the cream of the soup kind of tasted like white sauce. They do want me to make it again, especially with the cheese in it. Good soup for lunch on a cold day.