1/1 Photo of Cream of Broccoli Soup
This soup is delicious and easy to prepare. I've been making it for years and it is still one of my favorite recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut broccoli into 1/2 inch pieces; steam in 1/2 cup water until tender; do no drain-set broccoli aside.
- 2Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add flour and stir to make a roux; cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- 3Add chicken stock to roux while stirring with a wire whisk; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low; add broccoli, Half & Half, salt and pepper; heat but do not boil.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 960.6
- Calories from Fat 697
- Total Fat 77.4 g
- Saturated Fat 47.3 g
- Cholesterol 218.7 mg
- Sodium 1388.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 20.1 g