Recipe by RandyB1961
This soup is delicious and easy to prepare. I've been making it for years and it is still one of my favorite recipes.
Top Review by Tori O.
I have been on a full liquid diet for several years now and have been blending and straining 6 different Campbell's soups. Thank goodness I discovered this site. I have actually been giddy creating a whole new world of delicious cream soup and bisques that actually make me enjoy eating like I haven't in the 6 years since my liquid diet began due to health reasons.
- 1 lb broccoli, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut broccoli into 1/2 inch pieces; steam in 1/2 cup water until tender; do no drain-set broccoli aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add flour and stir to make a roux; cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to roux while stirring with a wire whisk; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; add broccoli, Half & Half, salt and pepper; heat but do not boil.