Cream of Asparagus Soup II
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the flour and cook until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the stock.
- Stir in the asparagus, salt, pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove ½ cup of asparagus to a plate.
- In a food processor, in batches if necessary, puree the soup for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and add the milk.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until hot.
- (Do not boil).
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with the reserved asparagus.