Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different type of creamed soup.
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped finely
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- In a pot, place artichokes and chicken stock; bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt butter and saute onion; add onion to artichokes.
- Slowly whisk mushroom soup into artichoke mixture; then slowly whisk in cream.
- If mixture is too thick for your liking, whisk in some milk (or water), a small amount at a time.
- When soup is desired consistency, remove from heat and taste; add salt and pepper if desired.
I loved it!! I actually got mad at my husband when he finished off the leftovers.