I got this off a frugal website many years ago. A great recipe to keep on hand. The variations are endless. Not sure how many servings this makes.
- 4 cups powdered milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup instant chicken bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons basil, crushed dried
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mixed mushrooms (optional, cream of mushroom soup)
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus (optional- cream of asparagus soup)
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli (optional- cream of broccoli soup)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional- cheese soup)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (optional- cream of celery soup)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken (optional- cream of chicken soup)
- 1⁄2 cup diced potato (optional- cream of potato soup)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato (optional- cream of tomato soup)
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp (optional- cream of shrimp soup)
- Measure all dry ingredients and place in a Ziploc Bag.
- Combine and place in a storage container.
- To use combine 1/3 cup mix with 1 cup of water.
- Add in any of the above optional ingredients.
- Cook over low heat until thickened.