Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are yummy! Prep time does not include refrigeration time for pastry.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled and cubed
- 1⁄8 cup ice water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup preserves, of your choice (I like strawberry)
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- sugar, for dusting
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine pastry dry ingredients in a food processor. Pulse in butter 10 seconds, then water for 10 seconds. Form into a ball and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll pastry in a 12x12 rectangle. Cut into nine even squares. Cover and set aside while preparing filling.
- For filling, beat together cheese and yolk until combined. Add preserves and mix well. Spoon equal amounts of mixture onto each pastry square.
- Moisten edges of pastry with water. Fold to form a triangle and seal edges with the tines of a fork. Brush with egg white and dust with sugar.
- Cut 2-3 air vents in the top of each turnover. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- For icing, beat sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth. Place icing in a sandwich baggie, nip off 1/8" of one corner. Squeeze icing over warm turnovers.