Recipe by CrystalA
This is in response to a request. The recipe calls for carrot cake muffin mix, but you could probably substitute other muffin mixes.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 1/8 ounce) packages carrot cake mix, for muffins
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Beat 1 egg in medium bowl.
- Add all remaining cake ingredients; stir until well blended.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of filling over batter.
- With knife, swirl filling into batter; turn some of batter over top of filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes, or until topping is set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Cut into squares.
- Store in refrigerator.