Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
These brownies are a perfect compromise between dense, chewy bars and lighter, cake-like brownies -- rich yet delicate. The lighter colors and slight rich tang of the cream cheese swirl elevates them to true chocolate bliss.
- 1 cup sweet unsalted butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon sweet unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder, plus more
- cocoa powder, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup French vanilla flavored coffee creamer (International Delight french vanilla)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons artificial vanilla flavoring
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 250 g reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter.
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add cocoa powder, stir to combine. You may add up 2 tbs more cocoa powder for a chocolatier taste.
- Add International Delight, stir to combine.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, along with artifical vanilla. Combine well, until mixture is emulsified.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to batter and gently mix.
- Beat together the second measurement of sugar and the cream cheese. Add the egg, beat together.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Pour chocolate batter into pan.
- Pour cream cheese mixture slowly over batter. Swirl using a knife or spoon.
- Bake at 350 for 45 - 55 minutes.