Recipe by caffeine junkie
Moist, light, and crunchy all at the same time, this cake makes a great breakfast and snack at any time of the day. Simple and easy to make, most of its ingredients are probably already in your kitchen. Found in the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10" tube pan.
- In a small bowl, mix chopped nuts, 2 T. sugar, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and 1 cup sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add sour cream alternately with flour mixture; mix well.
- Pour half of the butter into prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture on batter to within 1/2" of pan edge. Carefully pour remaining batter over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with nut topping.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.