1/1 Photo of Cream Cheese Swirl Coffee Cake
caffeine junkie's Note:
Moist, light, and crunchy all at the same time, this cake makes a great breakfast and snack at any time of the day. Simple and easy to make, most of its ingredients are probably already in your kitchen. Found in the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 10" tube pan.
- 3In a small bowl, mix chopped nuts, 2 T. sugar, and cinnamon; set aside.
- 4In another small bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- 5Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl.
- 6In a large bowl, mix butter and 1 cup sugar until smooth.
- 7Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- 8Add sour cream alternately with flour mixture; mix well.
- 9Pour half of the butter into prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture on batter to within 1/2" of pan edge. Carefully pour remaining batter over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with nut topping.
- 10Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Swirl Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.5
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 327.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g