Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
These can also be rolled into logs and sliced after the appropriate chilling time. They keep in the freezer for several months.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 well beaten egg
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk or 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder (double acting)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cinnamon sugar, as needed
- Blend until creamy the butter, sugar and egg. Beat cream cheese into this mixture, mixing in the buttermilk and vanilla also.
- Beat in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- After being chilled (a couple of hours or so) this dough may be rolled to paper thinness, cut into shapes and baked.
- Sprinkle before baking with sugar and cinnamon. Preheat oven to 350ºF and bake from 12 to 15 minutes.