Recipe by Kaarin
This is a yummy, moist, and mildly spiced bread. I use homemade pumpkin puree which is similar to the canned. I grind my own whole wheat flour so it is very fine.
Top Review by songjamoon_11309321
Absolutely amazing!!! My mom who is very picky loved it so I am making another one for her. I added walnuts to it to add just a little bit of crunch, and it was awesome. Love this recipe:-)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup brandy (fruit brandy is good-like apricot)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the brown sugar and egg until smooth and light. Add the pumpkin, butter and brandy. Add the remaining dry ingredients all at once and mix just until well moistened.
- Spread into 2 greased and floured loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Make the filling: Blend the cream cheese, egg and sugar, beating until fluffy. Spread the filling over the pumpkin batter and swirl several times with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes for the large loaves or about 35 minutes for the mini loaves. Cool 10 minutes in the pans before turing out on wire racks. Let cool completely before slicing.