Cream Cheese Lemon Bars/Kit Kat Crust
- in a food processor, finely chop Kit Kat bars -- and spread evenly in bottom of an 8x8" square pan -- bake for 5 minutes.set aside.
- to prepare FILLING:.
- In large mixing bowl with the mixer running, blend the cream cheese and egg and beat till smooth.add lemon juice, lemon extract and lemon zest -- mix well --.
- pour filling evenly over kit kat crust.
- to prepare TOPPING:.
- in medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, lemon extract and softened butter and blend with a fork till crumbly -- sprinkle topping evenly over lemon bar filling --.
- bake for 18-20 minutes or topping is lightly browned.
- makes 16-20 bars.